Year 7 to 11 students remain on site during break and lunchtime. No permission will be granted for offsite break time arrangements.
The Academy is proud of the dining facilities and of the high number of students who frequently use one of the three social/dining zones at the Academy.
Lunch is cooked and served on the Academy premises and a cafeteria service is available, offering a variety of snacks and sandwiches. Arrangements are made for students to eat sandwiches they bring from home. All of the items on the menu are priced individually so the daily cost will depend on what a child eats, however the hot dish of the day and a sweet costs approximately £2.30 at current prices.
Find out more about our new academy catering service:
- Check out our super yummy school meals this term.pdf pdf10.7 MbSep 1st, 2020
- Medical Diets Parents Guide pdf288.0 KbAug 31st, 2020
- Chartwells Promise 2020 pdf7.9 MbAug 31st, 2020
- January Newsletter 2020 pdf428.5 KbFeb 4th, 2020
- Parent Introduction from Chartwells pdf53.7 KbFeb 4th, 2020
- Special Diet Procedure pdf719.1 KbFeb 3rd, 2020
Information for Parents
A break service is available in three different zones. Teaching staff supervise the gate at break and lunchtime and students remain in school during these times. The school gate is supervised by non-teaching staff during lesson times too.
Healthy eating is a key priority in school and students are encouraged to take advantage of the healthy food options in the canteen. The Academy has been awarded the nationally recognised Healthy School Award.
The Academy operates a cashless environment and makes use of ParentPay to offer parents a variety of payment options.